We value the experience and talent of all, creating an accessible and inclusive learning and working environment.
Our aim is that, together, staff, students and stakeholders will respect themselves; give respect to others; know that they deserve to get respect from others; and grow a respectful community within North East Scotland College and in the wider world.
- Celebrating diversity, and accepting other people’s beliefs and backgrounds
- Listening while other people are talking
- Appreciating other people’s opinions
- Being polite and courteous
- Treating property with due regard
- Respecting yourself, and knowing you deserve respect from others
- Being able to say how you feel and be confident that fellow students and staff respect those feelings
- Knowing the College is a welcoming and safe space for you, and that there are people you can turn to if you feel you are being treated unfairly or discriminated against
- Having the opportunity to get involved in decision-making that affects NESCol’s wider student body
- Taking your respectful behaviours into the wider world – the community, your workplace, and your home
- Building relationships with fellow students and staff through mutual respect for one another
- Developing an understanding of different cultures and increasing your understanding of the world